• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#21 rigz

rigz

Getting Started

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Good Day Sir, What is the size of your intercooler? i think this is the best size for my car to avoid bumper modification. if ever i will get one, how much will i pay for this including shipping going here to Philippines?

#22 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes, jetskis, anything quick.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

Got it from Just Jap from their eBay store for $132 incl postage.

They have them on their site for $169.

http://justjap.com/s...u...=298&page=1

As for shipping get in touch with the guys at Just Jap.

Edited by ARO_10, 24 October 2008 - 08:32 PM.

The ARO that deffinately can. You'll only see the back of me.

#23 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(Mr-S13 @ 15 Oct 2008, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking tough, keep the pics coming.

Thanks mate, I'm currently in the process of setting up the Intercooler water sprayer, still trying to get the right nozzle setup.

Ill post up some pics of the intercooler spraying once its done, also have made a mesh cover for the intercooler & sprayed it which you'll have to wait for the type of graphics on the mesh.

While ive been waitingfor the engine & gearbox to be done, I've also made an aluminium BOV adaptor to sout the GReddy S-type and a flange for the compressor outlet of the turbo so I can weld on another piece of pipe once I know where the turbo will be mounted.

Ill post pics monday.

#24 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:28 PM

Another update to the conversion progress.

As the imported engine had all steel intercooler piping & I will be making mine out of aluminium I had to get or make a turbo outlet flange.

Got a piece of 6mm alloy plate just big enough to make a flange. Below is the finished flange.
Also made up a BOV adaptor from 10mm alloy plate & tubing. Polished up looks great.

Also to keep the intercooler from getting to damaged from sticks & stones, I found some suitable mesh from a metal fabricator that should allow plenty of air flow. Painted it black & masked out some flames in blue. Pics below of the end product.

Edited by ARO_10, 27 October 2008 - 08:46 PM.

#25 rigz

rigz

Getting Started

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

Thanks Sir ARO. BTW nice project. good luck. i will follow your updates on your project

#26 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

Another update on the project.

I got the water spray control module, mounting was a bit interesting as there's bugger all space in the cabin area to have extra boxes & stuff.

Next to the clutch pedal was about the only spot so it can still be adjustable without to much of a pain in the ass.

Also finished the subwoofer grill just have to mount it on the sub box.

There's 2 other pictures of the ECU wiring.

#27 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

Well guys I finally got the engine back.

Adaptor plate is made out of 10mm steel plate. Also a brass bush was made & pushed into the end of the crank to take the input shaft of the gearbox.

A thicker spacer for the clutch release bearing also had to be made to bring it closer to the pressure plate spring.

One other thing I was getting done in the mean while was a set of replacement custom made hub caps to remove the hub locks as they're not used anymore.

The engine got a new paint job yesterday ready to start the installation.

#28 h a n i m

h a n i m

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts
  • Interests:cars music partying beach shopping evan

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:10 AM

sweet! i bet you can start to see it all coming together. this will be a beast for sure smile.gif

Posted Image

92 GT Starlet

#29 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (h a n i m @ 5 Dec 2008, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sweet! i bet you can start to see it all coming together. this will be a beast for sure smile.gif

Hell yeah, I did the timing belt tonight. piece of piss to do.

Just have to figure out where all the cooling lines went again.

#30 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

well everyone, good news. The engine will fit inthe engine bay with the standard plenum which was the main worry as a custom plenum may have to have been made.

Figured out the cooling and vacuum lines running to the throttle body from the thermostat housing etc.

The celica bellhousing that was used had to have some areas machined out to fit the started motor & other bolts to hold on the adaptor plate onto the engine.

Got some thing alloy plate (easy enough to bend & mould) and the good old quicksteel to hold the plates onto the alloy bellhousing.

One other slight probles was the alternator position. As being a 4x4 it has rather solid chassis rails. The alternator was hitting on one when the engine was in position. 30x3mm angle welded back to back were enough to move the alternator up away from the chassis rail, BUT now I need a slightly longer surpintine belt. Should be relatively easy to fix.

The standard sump was also slightly modified as it was hitting on the front swaybar. Cut out the front section that was hitting the sway bar and welded in a new piece. Also to make up for the loss in oil from removing the front part, part of the rear area of the sump was cut away to make for an extra 500ml (approx) to avoid starving. The vertical area was cut away so that the origional (horizontal) area below the #4 piston could be used as a baffle with eight 13mm holes drilled into it to allow oil to flow and drain effectively.

Ill post pictures once I down load them.

#31 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:20 PM

Here's the pictures of the progress so far.

#32 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:51 AM

ok well the engine is in & currently making the engine mounts. The Plenum had to kinda be modified.

Had to cut bothe ends off the plenum & weld them back on the opposite ends. An absolute pain in the arse.

Now I have to relocate the Idle air control valve as it was hitting on the steering box once the plenum was modified. A bracket for that has been made just painting it & mounting once dried.

The front sway bar will have to be a custom mad one as with the engine in it still hits on the sump. Will measure up & send off to the guys in Sydney next week when the engine mounts have been made up so I know what dimensions & how much clearance I need.

The alternator bracket that was made still doesnt raise it up enough to get the bugger to fit, so again once the engine is mounted the alternator mount will be made to fit. Little pain in the arse.

One good thing is ill have plenty of room to fit the thermofan infront of the engine which I thought would one other pain.

Ill post pics once theyre worth posting.

#33 h a n i m

h a n i m

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

wow you've definately got some progress happening since i last checked in! I absoloutly can't wait until its finished, make sure you post up a video or something of it driving past hehehe.

i think you're lucky as you seem to have some pretty good hands on skills that must cut alot of time/money

Posted Image

92 GT Starlet

#34 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (h a n i m @ 4 Jan 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow you've definately got some progress happening since i last checked in! I absoloutly can't wait until its finished, make sure you post up a video or something of it driving past hehehe.

i think you're lucky as you seem to have some pretty good hands on skills that must cut alot of time/money

yeah mate its getting done fairly quickly now thank god. I wanted to get it done by christmas but that surely didnt work out.

Ill keep this updated & pictures when I can.

#35 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

well guys the engine mounts are made & holding the engine in (knew they would). just have to get the clutch lines made up again & get it off to get the exhaust system made up.
Also im pretty sure I figured out how im going to fit the alternator.

Edited by ARO_10, 11 January 2009 - 11:44 AM.

#36 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Another update. Clutch lines are made up courtesy of Power Brakes. I've tried the steel lines but they have a tendancy to break on the way to work so went for the steel braided lines, they're tried & proven.

The alternator is now mounted & lined up. Carbon canister & the solinoid running in between it & intake is mounted.

Oil temp sensor mount made up of an aluminium block to go in-line for the remote mounted oil filter line.

Have just enough room for the thermo fan to fit between the engine & radiator thank god.

Water methanol pump mount will be made next week & possibly the tank as well.

Windscreen washer tank was the easiest so far just re-drilling the holes a bit lower in the existing mount.

Strut Brace will have to be bent to fit the distributor underneath or remade pending which is easier.

And the radiator just need to have the fill port blocked off/removed. Relocating fill point.

The gearbox mounted 5mm further back than previous but is now runninng almost flat compared to the 20degree agle previously.

#37 h a n i m

h a n i m

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

awesome!!!

Posted Image

92 GT Starlet

#38 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

ok well the hoses for the heater fitted.

Throttle cable from a corolla fitted to custom alloy mount just have to fit up a link to the pedal.

Kinda had to cut a old mounting point to fit the methanol pump. Should be mounted next week.

Starting to hook up the loom to sensors.

The transmission previously was running at about a 20degree angle which meant the tail shaft was at a slight off centre angle. Now with the gearbox running pretty much level the tailshaft was hitting on the body & chassis. The old transmission mount was modified & dropped 10mm to make the little bugger fit. But only just.

Ill get some pics when im not trying to figure out where im going to shove thing in the engine bay.

#39 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

nothing much interesting has changed.

MAP Sensor, TPS & Alternator wiring is done.

Intercooler piping is being made next just need to wait for the silicon hose so I know how long etc it has to be.

Transmission mount will go back in tomorrow night.

Remote mount oil cooler will be interesting but as there's not much room.

#40 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

Transmission mount is back in hopefully nothing fouls or hits. It shouldn't but hey.

Oil filter adaptor now fits after a little modification. Surpricing what a linisher wheel & tap (thread) set can do.

The next hurdle is the bloody injectors. The new seals i got areant big enough for the head seals. Gotta go back monday to get some bigger ones.

the plenum is now bolted on & started motor wiring is getting done this week.

Boost gauge is also connected to the planum & throttle cable all done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name