7 replies to this topic

#1 Rookie 'r00k3st3r'

Rookie 'r00k3st3r'

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

If you don't care how long the job takes send it to Northside cylinder heads in Geebung.

They've had my crankshaft for week and haven't done anything with it. It needs balancing and they don't do it onsite. Yet they haven't prepared the pistons and rods which need to go with it.

Also, i had my head cleaned by them previously. They again held it for a week, and when i called them, it hadn't been done. All it needed was to be cleaned! I picked it up the next day after my call, but they didn't bother to wrap it in anything! I saw all their other finished work ready and waiting in plastic wrap. Why not mine?

Very lousy.

Previous builds:

Forged 5e making 220hp atw

#2 EVADED

EVADED

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Go see UMR on the southside if you want good engine work done.
EVADED MOTORSPORT
ADAPTRONIC - DMS SUSPENSION
COMPOMOTIVE - BRAKE SYSTEMS
BRAIDED BRAKE LINES - FUEL SYSTEMS
SILVERSTONE COMPETITION TYRES - TURBO CHARGERS
CUSTOM CARBON PARTS - & MUCH MUCH MORE
LIGHT WEIGHT MOTORSPORT WINDOWS

www.evadedmotorsport.com

#3 Rookie 'r00k3st3r'

Rookie 'r00k3st3r'

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

I cannot describe how angry these guys have made me. I hate nothing more than being lied to and getting dicked around.

When i dropped the parts in, i asked that they measure the crank and provide me with dimensions so that i could get bearings.

I called each day to ask for them, and was told they'd call me back that afternoon. Not once did they call back. Finally today, i called, and a half hour later they got me the bearings sizes.

When i asked how long it would take to complete the job, he told me sometime next week or the week after he'd have the crank sent off for balancing, with a 4 day turnaround.

Grrr!

Bitch sesh over.

I'm trying Strathpine Standard & Performance Engine Re-Builders as they do their balancing in house, and have quoted a 4 day turn around.

I may have a chat to UMR also, but its a little out of my way. But hey, if the work get done properly.

Previous builds:

#4 EVADED

EVADED

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:00 PM

It sure does, they have always looked after me and my old man and my understanding is they can do the balancing there as well.
EVADED MOTORSPORT
ADAPTRONIC - DMS SUSPENSION
COMPOMOTIVE - BRAKE SYSTEMS
BRAIDED BRAKE LINES - FUEL SYSTEMS
SILVERSTONE COMPETITION TYRES - TURBO CHARGERS
CUSTOM CARBON PARTS - & MUCH MUCH MORE
LIGHT WEIGHT MOTORSPORT WINDOWS

www.evadedmotorsport.com

#5 jaggerd

jaggerd

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:Race Cars, Rugby League, Motorcycling, Bowling,

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (EVADED @ 14 Aug 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sure does, they have always looked after me and my old man and my understanding is they can do the balancing there as well.

I wish i had got on this site sooner these guys have had my motor for over a year now & im just picking it up on Thursday, i should of just taken it to some race engine mob, it better punch out some good numbers, i dont recomend these guys either.

#6 Rookie 'r00k3st3r'

Rookie 'r00k3st3r'

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (jaggerd @ 16 May 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish i had got on this site sooner these guys have had my motor for over a year now & im just picking it up on Thursday, i should of just taken it to some race engine mob, it better punch out some good numbers, i dont recomend these guys either.

A year? Lol, i built my engine in 17 hrs, from pistons and rods out of the block, to full assembled ready to go in.

Sorry to hear you've had to deal with these guys too.

Previous builds:

#7 Fandio

Fandio

Getting Started

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

I know how you fellas feel. They had my head for a few months, when I pit it back on the car it still had issues. I had the head checked out by hagens after that and the valves weren't even sealing!

#8 jaggerd

jaggerd

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:Race Cars, Rugby League, Motorcycling, Bowling,

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Fandio @ 17 May 2010, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know how you fellas feel. They had my head for a few months, when I pit it back on the car it still had issues. I had the head checked out by hagens after that and the valves weren't even sealing!
Hopefully no Bullshit happens to my motor, the porting job looks pretty good, hopefully i dont have any issues with valves, im gonna try & get a warranty out of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name