• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 22222

Getting Started

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

going to make supercharger install similar to that one

but A/C will be kept and the WP will be replaced with electric WP. thus the bigger crankshaft pulley section will force only the supercharger behind the engine. the supercharger pulley is 6 rib pulley, and the original crankshaft pulley is 2x4 rib sections, so need a custom crankshaft pulley similar to original E engine pulley but the bigger section would be 6 rib instead of 4 rib, to force the supercharger with 6pk series belt.

found few feedbacks about CDFRacing, they produce a full set of lightweight pulleys, including adjustable cam, for E engines, as well as many other cars. I decided to contact them instead of trying any similar local service.

they produced exactly what I need

the pulley is machined from a billet aluminum quite neatly, and appears to be a quality part

there will be 6pk belt on bigger section to force the supercharger, and 4pk belt on smaller section to force the accessories

the production of the pulley took a time a bit, but that was a custom work, not from their stock

Edited by 22222, 15 October 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#2 dylusion

dylusion

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

Interesting first post.... Welcome!

Where abouts are you from?

#3 Mo3

Mo3

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

yes very interesting welcome to the club.

#4 minlet

minlet

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

Is that going to fit in a starlet? Or a large hole in the bulkhead?

#5 GT on full boost

GT on full boost

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:http://www.facebook.com/touge.garage

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Mmmmm I like but
looks like in that photo it's a sc12 4agze one smile.gif that's prob a good size for a 4e but don't forget that Toyota allso have a sc14 superchager maby you can put one of them on & run 10psi smile.gif me & my bros have made good power out of a sc14 on a 4agze smile.gif they are alot better then a sc12
Loving Life On Full boost

#6 Brad

Brad

Tube & Fin = WIN

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • Interests:Golf, motorcycles.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

D1 Garage at here in Plympton had that motor there a couple years back..

#7 22222

Getting Started

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

thanks Mo3,

I'm from Russia.

the SC on the install photo is a SC12, but I will use SC14.

I found that photo of SC12 install, with a lack of description unfortunately, somewhere on this forum I believe.

got a new one from yahoo

it will go behind the engine similar to that install, SC12 and SC14 external dimensions are almost identical (the SC14 with different pulley below is a previa's one)

in addition the WP will be replaced with electric WP to free more space behind the engine.

it will run with pulleybros 103mm clutched pulley, so I believe 10psi will not be a limit for a 1.5l engine...

#8 TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

You may find that the pulley brothers pulley may slip at that boost level. It was designed for use on Holden Commodores at 6-8PSI boost. Any more and the pulley won't be able to hold. I'm going to be doing a few tests to see how much torque the various pulleys can hold to compare them.

I am in contact with the family who run pulley bros now (as the guy who started it died a while back in a car accident) and have sourced a few electromagnets from them so I can rewind them with thicker wire to produce more clamping force.

I have just installed a 103mm pulley onto an SC14 on a 4AGZE in an AW11 MR2, and make no boost as the pulley slips at 9 PSI (which is reached almost instantly). We should be making around 14-15PSI. Hopefully the rewind will fix this.

Also, with a 1.5L engine, a stock pulley with an SC14 will net you 10PSI (or more) with no worries. I have a 4AGZE in my Levin with an SC12 and stock pulleys, and with cam gears, ABV mod, and a 3SGTE throttle body (from a Gen 2 Celica) I make a consistent 11PSI.

Also, if you do go for the pulley brothers pulley, be sure to give the clutch and pulley face a skim on a lathe to ensure they are *perfectly* flat, otherwise you WILL see slip. You only need a fraction of a mm for there to be a problem.

#9 GT on full boost

GT on full boost

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

The stock pully should hold wateva boost you push thru it
I had a 4agze 101 motor & exhaust pod & done the vec lines like HKS do to hold more boost & had 16psi,
but if you put the vec lines like normal they hold 14-15
the stock 101 gze has 9 psi all the non air-flow meter motors runn 9 psi if it don't the you charger belt it slipping but you can't hear it, so titen the belt hard smile.gif

#10 TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

Yea, the stock pulley has been proven to hold more boost than the supercharger can handle.

Also, use a Gates belt, they are the best and are proven to slip the least.

Oh, the chargers are only designed for a long term boost ratio of 1.8 (or 12 PSI), and 2.0 (14.7 PSI) short term.
Here's the manufacturers specs (TX12 = SC12, TX15 = SC14)

http://www.jdmlevin....chargerMaps.pdf

Edited by TERRA Operative, 24 October 2010 - 12:22 AM.

#11 GT on full boost

GT on full boost

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (TERRA Operative @ 24 Oct 2010, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, the stock pulley has been proven to hold more boost than the supercharger can handle.

Also, use a Gates belt, they are the best and are proven to slip the least.

Oh, the chargers are only designed for a long term boost ratio of 1.8 (or 12 PSI), and 2.0 (14.7 PSI) short term.
Here's the manufacturers specs (TX12 = SC12, TX15 = SC14)

http://www.jdmlevin....chargerMaps.pdf

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm glad someone knows about 4agze smile.gif your right smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name