12 replies to this topic

#1 Brooke

Brooke

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

I am very keen to meet the rest of the Starlet GT community in Adelaide, as well as oolge over the car mod's that you have all done.

So I am organising a hoon, race, rally, drag, spring, , no, it will be a hills cruise - driving at a sensible rate up from a meet point in the city, to a good spot for lunch in the hills - where we will all have the opportunity to catch up, meet face to face, and oogle at each others cars. Will follow up with a nice extended drive back down to town, via some of the lovely scenic roads that our area offer. Anyone driving irresponsible will be warned, if idiotic behaviour is repeated, they will be asked to leave, and details passed onto SAPOL. I, as the cruise organiser, am legally responsible for any idiotic behaviour that occurs on a car cruise, and don't want to risk my license and job, for some idiot who is dropping the clutch at every set of lights.

Will depend on weather, but likely directions for the day will be to meet in Adelaide CBD, head on up to Hahndorf/Lobethal area for lunch, then carry on through to Victor Harbor area, and back along the West Coast to Adelaide.

Am thinking late September/Early October for time. A Saturday or Sunday will be most convenient for the majority of people interested...and hoping to plan the dates far enough ahead that anyone who works the weekend shift can negotiate a day off.

Are there any weekends in September/October that people would prefer?

#2 double0h

double0h

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Moderators
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Starlets, movies, Home theatre gear & HTPCs, japanese food, home renovation & beer.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Yeah should be able to dust off the GT for a spin. At this stage a 'yes' from me for late sep/early oct.

Brendon.

#3 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes, jetskis, anything quick.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

Sounds good mate, will se what I can do with getting my suspension sorted so i dont bottom out everywhere.
The ARO that deffinately can. You'll only see the back of me.

#4 scragley

scragley

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Yep sounds good.

#5 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (scragley @ 15 Aug 2011, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep sounds good.

Hey mate, havnt seen you post in ages. std 5e build still going strong?

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#6 scragley

scragley

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Std 5E build went OK until I decided to put forged rods and pistons in. The business I paid to assemble the rods and pistons obviously didn't know what they were doing and fucked them basically. The conrod movement was tight after assembly. The guy said they would loosen up once they were used, but what ended up happening was the front and rear sides of the piston had excessive wear and left some deep scratching in the cylinder bore.

So in went a Std 4E about 8 months back.

When I get back from holidays I will be building another 5E with new standard everything. Keeping the TF035 and the new manifolds we made should be a pretty fun setup.

#7 Brooke

Brooke

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Lets aim then, for Saturday the 24th of October. This rain, with any luck, may have passed by then biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Will work on a route map to hand out during the cruise, and suggestions, please PM them my way.

CB radio's will be used during the cruise, if you are the only person in the car, please make some sort of hands free system, to save your license and my ass rolleyes.gif

It is not a strict Starlet cruise either, I am inviting a few Swift Gti mates, as well as a few of the Rotary friends, so really, just a nice drive through the hills for some Jap lovers in Adelaide.

ee you there

#8 Brad

Brad

Tube & Fin = WIN

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • Interests:Golf, motorcycles.

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

so it's gone from meeting the adelaide starlet community and a nanna drive through the hills , to now inviting every other japanese lover mate of yours...

riiiight...

#9 ARO_10

ARO_10

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:cars, bikes, jetskis, anything quick.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

lol i was just thinking the same thing. You will find there wont be as many starlet guys turn up if its a jap car enthusiast meet rather than JUST starlet drivers. Just saying from previous cruises.
As my ARO is Romanian/european/japanese/australian I cant really complain, just food for thought Brooke.
Oh also I probably wont be able to hear any radio, cabin isnt as quiet as most.

Edited by ARO_10, 19 August 2011 - 10:10 PM.

The ARO that deffinately can. You'll only see the back of me.

#10 Brooke

Brooke

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (ARO_10 @ 19 Aug 2011, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol i was just thinking the same thing. You will find there wont be as many starlet guys turn up if its a jap car enthusiast meet rather than JUST starlet drivers. Just saying from previous cruises.
As my ARO is Romanian/european/japanese/australian I cant really complain, just food for thought Brooke.
Oh also I probably wont be able to hear any radio, cabin isnt as quiet as most.

Thanks for the advice. I do not intend for this to be a hoon drive, and expect that road rules will be followed. I simply have a couple of close friends who I promised would be invited to the next cruise that I organize. One drives a BMW 318i, the other a swift Gti. Now if this is of putting to many of you, well, simply, bad luck. I am not excluding them simply so you can come along. I find it a little ridiculous that some refuse to come simple because there is a car that isn't a starlet involved.

Cruise will go as planned, if you want to come, come along, if not, don't whinge to me.

#11 Brad

Brad

Tube & Fin = WIN

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • Interests:Golf, motorcycles.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

we aren't saying it for our benifit... your the one who has no idea about starlets , we thought you were planning something to give you a bit of knowledge and meet some people that could help you...

if we wanted to cruze with every tom, dick & harry , we'd drive down anzac hwy in the middle of the day....

#12 datsik

datsik

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Brad @ 26 Aug 2011, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if we wanted to cruze with every tom, dick & harry , we'd drive down anzac hwy in the middle of the day....

laugh.gif thumbsup.gif

#13 datsik

datsik

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

So is this cruise happening?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name