• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Just wanted to invite Au Starlet Club to compete in the 2012 ARC Just Car Insurance Forum Battle at Calder Park Raceway.

The first event of its kind as Forum Battle infiltrates the Australian Rally Championship (ARC) at Calder Park in March 2012. This is all about online forums enjoying some light hearted competition against each other in an offline event spanning across multiple disciplines of motorsport and car culture including:

-Time attack
-Show and shine
-400m Drags
-Gymkhana
-Tarmac Rally Stage

Details:
Forum Battle will be held 1-4th of March. Thereís $11kís worth of prizes so far (which can be seen at the bottom of this post) up for grabs for forum members and prime time TV coverage on Channel 10 alongside the ARC coverage.

Sup Regs and Entry Forums can be found on the website: Forumbattle.com.au
Payment isnt required when entering. It is simply to secure a spot, payment details will be announced at a later date.

On the website you will find:
-Sup Regs
-Entry Forms
-Categories
-Race/event maps
-Competitor updates
-ARC News

And of course Forum battle news.

We have also set up a Facebook page: Click Here To View
Like our page to receive updates automatically via Facebook

Prizes, prizes, prizes, first round of prize commitments, with more to come!

1. Pedders Suspension- $2500 in vouchers allocated across the disciplins

2. Yokohama ADVAN- $2500 one full set of ADVAN tyres

3. ODYSSEY Battery- $1000 worth of batteries (3 in total)

4. Zen Garage- $500 Professional photo shoot for you car by leading photographer

5. MOTHERS- $600 in MOTHERS car care products

6. illest clothing- $300 in illest apparel

7. BOSCH- $2500 in BOSCH Motorsport Products

8. XFORCE Ė $1400 VAREX exhaust system

Over 11K in prizes already on the books for Forum Battle, every class winner in each discipline will win a prize

Look forward to your thoughts and feel free to contact me on 0432 884 177 or email support@forumbattle.com.au

#2 fearlesss

fearlesss

Addicted to forum

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  • Interests:Winning,

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Sounds like a great idea ! Any plans on having an event in QLD ?

How are you going to calculate points though ?
I hate to admit it, but poor little starlets will have no chance competing against a WRX club or sports car club in the Track/Drag/Rally events sad.gif

OR will the times be in relation to the engine sizes drive train etc.

#3 Mo3

Mo3

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (fearlesss @ 12 Jan 2012, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a great idea ! Any plans on having an event in QLD ?

How are you going to calculate points though ?
I hate to admit it, but poor little starlets will have no chance competing against a WRX club or sports car club in the Track/Drag/Rally events sad.gif

OR will the times be in relation to the engine sizes drive train etc.

+1 will be good shud take the fastest starlet we have!! only if that paul guy would finish his new one :/

#4 exhasbeen

exhasbeen

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

So as a club are we interested in representing this forum? If we are limited to Starlets we could be competitive within our class, but if anyone on the forum has a non-Starlet would this count?

For those in qld it will be a long haul though. But entry is quite reasonable so this should balance it out.

Anyone sticking their hand up?

#5 Fizbin

Fizbin

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

if my car is ready i wood do it

#6 GT on full boost

GT on full boost

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:http://www.facebook.com/touge.garage

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

this would be cool but its not in nsw sad.gif
Loving Life On Full boost

#7 fearlesss

fearlesss

Addicted to forum

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (exhasbeen @ 12 Jan 2012, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So as a club are we interested in representing this forum? If we are limited to Starlets we could be competitive within our class, but if anyone on the forum has a non-Starlet would this count?

For those in qld it will be a long haul though. But entry is quite reasonable so this should balance it out.

Anyone sticking their hand up?

I would assume that having a non starlet wouldn't matter if you're still part of the club ?
I could get my car ready by march easy, but the drive would kill me sad.gif

Is wokstar still doing track days ? She would have the circuit racing down pat and be your number 2, or you be her number 2 or both be number 1 lol.

That Class is the only thing that worries me as I couldn't find any "Classes" on the website ?

Just got an email from skylines australia laugh.gif Seemed to have a bit more info on it

What are the regulations?
There are two classes. Street & Pro Class, with sub classes of FWD, RWD and 4WD vehicles.
Summary of main points below.

Street Class:

Street registered cars only.
Each vehicle must retain the original engine and gearbox configuration
Suspension pick up points must be as per the manufactures design
All vehicles must run on Tyres with a UTQG rating higher than 120

Pro Class Summary:

For both street registered and unregistered cars
Engines and gearboxes are free
Suspension pick up points must be in as per the manufactures design
Pro class tyres are free except for slicks

What are the disciplines & costs?

Time Attack (2 entries) - $100ea
Rally Stage/One-Lap Dash (2 entries) - $75ea
Gymkhana (2 entries) - $75ea
Drag/Quarter Mile Sprint (4 entries) - $75ea
Show n Shine (20 entries) - $45ea

I still think were going to be the underdog not taking engine capacity into consideration sad.gif
But everyone loves the underdog wub.gif

Question for the Organiser

Can we enter 2 cars into street and 2 into PRO or is it just 2 cars per discipline ?
And if it is only 2 cars. does the PRO class get more points over the street ?

#8 exhasbeen

exhasbeen

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (fearlesss @ 12 Jan 2012, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would assume that having a non starlet wouldn't matter if you're still part of the club ?
I could get my car ready by march easy, but the drive would kill me sad.gif

Is wokstar still doing track days ? She would have the circuit racing down pat and be your number 2, or you be her number 2 or both be number 1 lol.

That Class is the only thing that worries me as I couldn't find any "Classes" on the website ?

Just got an email from skylines australia laugh.gif Seemed to have a bit more info on it

What are the regulations?
There are two classes. Street & Pro Class, with sub classes of FWD, RWD and 4WD vehicles.
Summary of main points below.

Street Class:

Street registered cars only.
Each vehicle must retain the original engine and gearbox configuration
Suspension pick up points must be as per the manufactures design
All vehicles must run on Tyres with a UTQG rating higher than 120

Pro Class Summary:

For both street registered and unregistered cars
Engines and gearboxes are free
Suspension pick up points must be in as per the manufactures design
Pro class tyres are free except for slicks

What are the disciplines & costs?

Time Attack (2 entries) - $100ea
Rally Stage/One-Lap Dash (2 entries) - $75ea
Gymkhana (2 entries) - $75ea
Drag/Quarter Mile Sprint (4 entries) - $75ea
Show n Shine (20 entries) - $45ea

I still think were going to be the underdog not taking engine capacity into consideration sad.gif
But everyone loves the underdog wub.gif

Question for the Organiser

Can we enter 2 cars into street and 2 into PRO or is it just 2 cars per discipline ?
And if it is only 2 cars. does the PRO class get more points over the street ?

Skylines forum have the entry fee wrong, it's double their figure per car. So if you wanted to enter the time attack, rally stage (not really a rally stage as its tarmac) and drags then the fee is $500.00 but just one event will cost you just $150.00. Cheap in anyones language. The organisers have the schedule so no competitor will miss another event because they overlap.

If your car is registered it will go into the street class, otherwise all other cars will go into the pro class.
Any type of semi or R spec tyre will be acceptable.

Fearless is right, we will be swamped by the performance of some of the other clubs cars, but within the fwd catagory we might be alright.

How many club members run their cars at Winton? Are there many from Vic that are interested in competing? This will be a great way to have a look at some track time for those looking to get out there, just need a L2s license (theres plenty of time to get this) . With such short session times it ought to be quite easy on the car. Might even bring mine out for a run, hopefully the car will last the 10 minites, I might not last that long though.

Supp regs are here; http://forumbattle.com.au/regulations/

C'mon guys, who's interested? thumbsup.gif

#9 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (exhasbeen @ 14 Jan 2012, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skylines forum have the entry fee wrong, it's double their figure per car. So if you wanted to enter the time attack, rally stage (not really a rally stage as its tarmac) and drags then the fee is $500.00 but just one event will cost you just $150.00. Cheap in anyones language. The organisers have the schedule so no competitor will miss another event because they overlap.

If your car is registered it will go into the street class, otherwise all other cars will go into the pro class.
Any type of semi or R spec tyre will be acceptable.

Fearless is right, we will be swamped by the performance of some of the other clubs cars, but within the fwd catagory we might be alright.

How many club members run their cars at Winton? Are there many from Vic that are interested in competing? This will be a great way to have a look at some track time for those looking to get out there, just need a L2s license (theres plenty of time to get this) . With such short session times it ought to be quite easy on the car. Might even bring mine out for a run, hopefully the car will last the 10 minites, I might not last that long though.

Supp regs are here; http://forumbattle.com.au/regulations/

C'mon guys, who's interested? thumbsup.gif

SAU are chipping in half for entrants to represent their forum.

Starlets should be extremely competitive in the FWD class, you've got integras, Civics, MPS' XR5s and Golfs to compete with.. Should be a peice of cake ha ha
Plus in the ends it's all a bit of fun!

We also have a Show'n'Shine if you guys are interested in making a team and representing Au Starlet Club.

#10 Fizbin

Fizbin

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

i am i should get the new motor back in 2 weeks
and hopefully should be running by then

#11 yiph

yiph

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Sounds fun, but at a competition level, I'll give this a miss. Haven't been to the track as yet, so less to say to compete! sad.gif

---

off topic... only if we could bring this one:
http://www.austarlet.......20&start=20

tongue.gif

Edited by yiph, 18 January 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#12 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (yiph @ 18 Jan 2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds fun, but at a competition level, I'll give this a miss. Haven't been to the track as yet, so less to say to compete! sad.gif

---

off topic... only if we could bring this one:
http://www.austarlet.......20&start=20

tongue.gif

Now that thing looks quick!

A small example of the competition. Euro's, JDM, Aussie muscle, exotics, drag machines, track hacks, hot hatches, time attack entrants, back yard mechanics and forum enthusiasts in general.

Representing Supra forums Danny's car is indeed a clean example.

Think your car could keep up with this bad boy? Grandma spec AE86 entering for some fun and to represent AE86 Driving Club.

Kyneís Golf GTI is a well thought out machine, made to look aggressive and go when needed.

Stock Astra? Think again, 280kw at the wheels and he's not finished yet!

This Aussie muscle car might have dominated the drag strip with 480rwkw but has chosen to enter the show'n'shine. Drag competitors can let out a sigh of relief.

2.5L conversion, Will shall fly the flag for JDMST in the time attack category. Model in photo is Bettina Banks for those wondering. Google it!

This Vr4 started life as a grocery car and is now Australia's fastest road legal Galant.

You just got beat..By a Wagon! fullBOOST and Warren will be doing what they do best; the 1/4 mile

Nope, this isnít your everyday CE Lancer GLi with a knock off Evo bodykit. Lukeís cars is the real deal!
Last year it won the Victorian Hillclimb championship (4wd Sedan class).

Looks like a hot hatch battle is emerging in the FWD class for time attack. Rory has thrown his hat in the ring for OPELAUS with a very neat Astra VXR Nurburgring Editions.

Show'n'shiney! Exterior has a custom full respray in Morpheus purple with custom airbrushed TME decals in carbon fibre & real flames, carbon fibre wing. Interior is also a custom 4 seater recaro conversion with full retrim in German yellow custard leather.

Keeping the smell of fuel in the air is Glen in his Time attack RX7.

A Lotus Esprit GT300 GT2 LeMans Racer!

DAP-R Springs 40mm drop at the front, 50mm drop at the rear!

Jason being a seasoned time attack entrant is no stranger to the tarmac, competing in this years World Time Attack Clubsprint class setting a 1:43.0420 lap.

Carbon tax!

Open class entrant Nik Kalis. This well sorted car will be great to watch at the time attack discipline.

Micheal or better known as SP BLING on Oz Mazda owner steps up to represent his forum.

Bought for a measly $1200, Johnís Track Hack AW11 has spent most of 2011 in the garage being brought back to life. He is the first to admit to Forum battle that it isnít going to win any Show and Shine awards. And it never will!

A regular track day addict, a Circuit Club organizer and an Advan Neova Cup Competitor, Narada has been to Wakefield ( 2hr South west of Sydney) more then most.

The first to enter forum battle was Darrin who wsa bitten by the track day bug has constantly been developing his Evo X.

Euro Revolution owner Sebastian enters in his brand spanking new Golf R. Team Euro Revolution has a few more cars entering so stay tuned to our facebook page: ARC Forum Battle 2012 | Facebook

More to come...

Does your car have what it takes to compete? Or just looking to have a little fun?
Join the Battle: Forum Battle | 1st-4th March 2012- The hotter the battle the sweeter the victory

#13 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Damn this is tempting. Anyone lend me a car trailer?...

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#14 fearlesss

fearlesss

Addicted to forum

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

ohmy.gif
That Line up is pretty impressive for their first event

QUOTE (-Harry- @ 23 Jan 2012, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sure do, Shotgun passenger seat driving down.

#15 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (fearlesss @ 23 Jan 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sure do, Shotgun passenger seat driving down.

dammit. Just saw the date. Im a groomsman at a wedding on the 3rd March. sad.gif

Edited by -Harry-, 23 January 2012 - 09:46 PM.

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#16 Mo3

Mo3

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (-Harry- @ 23 Jan 2012, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol do it man and on the way down pick these rims up biggrin.gif

cant you rent trailers? or..make one? plenty of time

#17 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Mo3 @ 23 Jan 2012, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol do it man and on the way down pick these rims up biggrin.gif

cant you rent trailers? or..make one? plenty of time

36 days.. But who's counting ha ha

Any one coming down from NSW?

#18 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

Forum Battle Update

Good news forum users. Struggling to decide whether to track your car or enter it in the show’n’shine? Why not do both! Any one competing in the Time attack, Rally, drags or Gymkhana will automatically gain free entry into the Show & Shine!

Plus competitors get to nominate 2 Pit Crew members who will gain entry to the event for $10 a day. As car nuts we know the benefits of having a spare pair of hands around when working on cars. Whether we were doing an engine conversion, swapping a gearbox or simply bleeding brakes the job was made easier and more fun with mates. So bring 2 of your best mates down and even if they don’t know how to change a tyre at least you’ll have somebody cheering you on .

Sup regs have been updated and finalised, a copy can be found here: http://www.rally.com...s_SR_030112.pdf

As if you needed another excuse to get involved; The second prize pool announcement is up. Forum battle is happy to have Motul, DBA , and Bendix come on board and support Forum Battle.

1. Motul – x6 oil and Motul fluid packs to give away worth $1200
2. DBA – x2 pairs of 4000 series
3. Bendix – x4 SRT( Street Road Track) sets of pads

Join the Battle: Forum Battle | 1st-4th March 2012- The hotter the battle the sweeter the victory

Edited by motorculture, 25 January 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#19 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

New forums join the battle and already entered forums step it up a notch. Check out the latest batch of competitors:

Turbocharged, short wheel base, mid-engine, cool 80′s styling and an extensive mod list. This AW11 is a veteran at the track and will be represent MR2 Australia

Instantly recognised by those who attended WTAC 2011 this supra is the promo car for Gorilla Industries. Shane and his high powered Supra have run 1:05:75 at Wakefield. Shane will be representing JDMST in its Lotus inspired war paint.

Jasonís RX7 has seen significant changes and upgrades over the years with results to match; 1st overall at The No Limits Time Attack event at Barbagallo, WA in October 2010, and 1st at Raventech Time Attack battle in 2wd October 2010. Jason will be representing his club RENEW (Rotary Enthusiasts of New South Wales) in the Time attack, Tarmac rally and the 1/4 mile drags

The latest to join the Evo OZ team is 27 year old and his EVO 9 MR. Having previously owned an EVO 7, Dan is no stranger to Mitsubishiís AWD, turbo charge beast. No Expense has been spared on Danís baby. Out on the track Dan is also a seasoned racer, with 2 years of racing experience under his belt and another 5 for club days

SAU announces their first entrant and itís clear these boys wonít be happy with second place. Introducing Adam Newton and ďBIG REDĒ, the carbon/wide body R32 GTS-t with 400rwkw on tap!
Adam will be representing SAU in the Pro Class for the time attack and rally stage events.

#20 motorculture

motorculture

Getting Started

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

Forum battle wants each and every competitor to be able to go home with a proper Motorsport adrenalin filled day so why not make Forum Battle a full day of racing? Satisfy those track cravings by entering multiple events. Mix it up, Gymkhana and Drags or Rally and Time attack. Plus entering one or more motorsport category gains you free entry to the ShowíníShine.
By entering multiple events you increase your forums chances of taking out the title of 2012 Forum Battle Outright Winners as well as having a better chance to take home a chunk of the prize pool (prize pool is now valued at around $13,000 with more to be announced). Sponsored cars will also be able to take advantage of the TV / online coverage Forum Battle will be providing.

I want to enter the drags, but Iím not sure if my car meets requirements?
Drag requirements here: http://www.calderpar...rag-racing.aspx

I want to race but I donít have a CAMS Licence?
We are organising a single day licence with CAMS now so stay tunedÖ

What Tyres can we use?
Tyre information can be found here: http://forumbattle.c...ices-clarified/

Lastly for up and coming Photographers/bloggers wanting to shoot and cover Forum battle please contact us via email to organise media passes: support@forumbattle.com.au

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name