1989 Nissan Skyline Silhouette, Series 3
RB30, 3.0L inline 6 cylinder
4spd electric auto
White over silver two-tone with Silhouette highlights
Grey/red silhouette sports interior
Standard with the 3.9 Borg Warner LSD
Located in Melbourne, Vic
A little history to the beast: This car was bought new by my mate’s grandad who passed it onto him for his 18th. He Drove it around for a few years and then parked it up as he was given a company car. It sat around for about a year and he then sold it to my sister (late 2009) who drove it for about 3 years. She went overseas Christmas last year so passed it onto my brother. I’ve maintained and serviced it since my mate took hold of it back in 2003 and know it like the back of my hand.
Being a Silhouette it comes standard with the 3.9 Borg Warner LSD, sports interior and body options.
To get it on the road for my sister I did the following:
• Monroe inserts fitted to the front end
• Front lower balls joints replaced
• New pads and discs all round
• New handbrake cables (factory new from Nissan)
• Rebuilt rear brake callipers
• Replaced rear trailing arm bushes (2 per side)
• Replaced leaky power steering hoses
• New front windscreen
• 4* Maxxis tyres
• Recondition alternator (bearings, slip rings, bushes, regulator)
• New battery
• Idle valve replaced
• Steering rack bushes and column bush replaced with Nolathane item
• Plugs, leads, coolant, oil and filters when required
• Auto transmission flush and adjust + replace 1st-2nd shift solenoid
In the last 12 months it has had the following:
• New PBR brake master cylinder
• Rebuild of rear callipers
• Replaced front brake lines including making new hard lines
• Full brake fluid flush/bleed
• Timing belt and tensioner
• Water pump
• Oil + filter
• Replaced radiator with a good condition second hand item and coolant flush
• Had new key cut and door lock rebuilt
A couple of months ago the water pump started leaking so I replaced that and did the timing belt at the same time. Shortly after the radiator split so I replaced that and the coolant (as you do).The timing belt has jumped a tooth now too.
As listed above, it has had a decent maintenance history and has been well cared for and definitely not thrashed, all of the owners drive like grandmas! With a few hours work and a little know-how this can be up and running again smoothly. The motor obviously needs the timing reset and the auto is a little harsh from 1st to 2nd again (very common on this transmission) but is a simple fix. The AC needs new seals and a re-gas too. There are a few scrapes on the body but no major dings or bumps. I will throw in a spare alternator, the old brake callipers, a spare idle valve and any other parts I have lying around for it.
Or if you feel adventurous do what I was originally going to do and chuck an RB25 into it and make it a bit of a sleeper. Unfortunately I already have a track car and a bike in pieces so can’t swing it past SWMBO.
Selling in as is condition, with no RWC, no Reg
Chasing $1000 neg
If you want pics (the uploader isnt working for me) or more info please contact me on the following:
Phone: 03 5428 0475
0415 298 248
Edited by StuC, 26 March 2013 - 10:11 PM.