13 replies to this topic

#1 garreth27

garreth27

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Anyone bought anything from this guy before? I bought some quad lights and indicators from him back in end of November last year and while I got the lights and grill (grill damaged from very poor packaging) I never received the indicators and I've just had excuse after excuse from him blaming his brother and everytime says he'll send it next week or his interstate but nothing arrives. Even gave me a tracking no once and it was not even for me but for something else. So this is coming on on 4 months to complete a trade.

Is this normal trading from this guy or am I just unlucky? I don't usually give people a bad name but I'm real pissed off about this now

#2 jonesyGT

jonesyGT

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

Mate, I had organized to get a disc rear of an EP82 from him.

Rear in Adelaide & he was in Sydney.

Sent emails etc. on how it was going to happen & then all went quiet, so I never bought it.

I think others have bought with out trouble, but after no contact I wont be attempting to buy anything from him.

Just my 2c.

Look here, seems good reports.

http://austarletclub...-on-full-boost/

Edited by jonesyGT, 12 March 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#3 exhasbeen

exhasbeen

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

I know Roger has had to move house and cars 3 times this last year. And at very short notice move back home to Adelaide for several months.

So with cars and bits all over the place it does make it awkward to follow through finding bits you thought were in one spot, only to then have difficulty following up with delivering them.

So yes, he is having difficulty shipping items and should perhaps make sure he has his hands on them first before saying he can help.

So give him a bit of a break, he will follow through, just keep chasing him.

#4 jonesyGT

jonesyGT

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

I have no problem, but maybe he should let people know.

saves this sort of stuff on the forum when really an email @ the beginning would sort out what seems to be nothing more than a communication breakdown

#5 Mo3

Mo3

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

I've dealt with roger a few times and he would always send things on time and all think he is moving back and forth as stated above

#6 Lou14

Lou14

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Roger is a good guy but as above sh*t has been hectic for him the last year.
Need More Boost

#7 Brad

Brad

Tube & Fin = WIN

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • Interests:Golf, motorcycles.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Shit has been hectic , why is that Garreth's problem ? he just wants the items he bought....there is no excuse waiting 4 months.....

Transferring garreth's money back into his account and apologising that he couldn't send the items would take 5 minutes..... that would of been the polite thing to do..

#8 garreth27

garreth27

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well all ever got told is that it's with his brother or its in his garage and his brother will get it out and send it but nothing has eventuated. He does reply when I txt tho so least he doesn't ignore me. If he has some other problems he should of said so but 4 months is a long time. I'm not out to crucify the guy over a set of indicators but just thought I'd post here to see if he is a reliable person or if this is the norm as I don't know him and haven't dealt with him before. Does sound like he's genuine so will give him benefit of the doubt.

#9 D.J

D.J

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Haven't had any issues with him. Not the fastest turnaround but he's a decent guy.

Need parts from Japan? PM me...

#10 paulep82

paulep82

Addicted to forum

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Spoke to him today. I know his family well and yes he is relying on his brother to find the indicators in his shop. Maybe roger should have tried other methods besides relying on his brother. I know he has had a hard past half year with family illnesses and family issues that will never be posted on a open forum but I do see the point. As of today I spoke to both him and his brother and they assure me that the indicators will be found. I offered to cover him for a set and he said that he will go to his brothers workshop and find them himself. He is a good guy and tries to help everyone and can't spread himself as far as he would like to which is why he is in this predicament. If it turns to sh*t like I said, I'll cover him for u Gareth.
Posted Image
The real question is, would you tell your friends you were beaten by a starlet?

#11 muz_zz

muz_zz

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

He has been nothing but a great help to me and advise
And always come good with parts but has been having a problem being interstate but his brother is just as great a guy as him but works big hours as much as I do so it becomes hard to get things out instantly

#12 mundi

mundi

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Feel for you mate.

Four months is a long time to be waiting for a part that you've already paid for.

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon or like Brad suggested, you're given your money back.

Mundi

#13 garreth27

garreth27

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

thanks guys, i was just having a bad day when i posted this as i was annoyed with other things at work then started thinking of the indicators so i posted on here. Im sure something will work out in the end. Have got a few txts from roger so we'll sort it somehow. Will see if my old set is still sitting in my uncls garaGE back in New Zealand since i'll be back there in a few weeks

#14 RED_RKT

RED_RKT

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Lol nah roger is a wanker LOL :) and he loves it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name