• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 starleTofu

starleTofu

Getting Started

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

G'day austarletclub and welcome to my other ride.

You can find my Starlet here:

http://austarletclub...9-ep71-turbo-s/

Unfortunately due to moving and having to drive ~150kms per day for work, I had to upgrade my daily from the EP71.

Model: 1998 Toyota Soarer SC300

Engine: 2JZGE (w/VVT-i), 4spd Auto (3spd w/Torque Converter)

Features: Power everything... Power steering, Power seats, Power mirrors, Power windows, Power steering column, leather seats, 

I love this car but for very different reasons than the Starlet. By comparison, this car is pure luxury! Yet still quite sporty, the 2JZ has a lot more power than I've ever had before and handles great. For the 2 hours of driving a day it is perfect.

The car is 100% stock. Very quiet. It originally came with Advanti 18" rims, but I blew a tyre and recently acquired some stock Supra 16x8's for cheaper than new tyres on the 18's. I don't plan on doing much to it, as it's a Series III Soarer the stock body kit is already sexy, the only mods I'm thinking are an exhaust (you can't hear it running at the moment it's that quiet). 

I'm resisting the urges to head down the path of Manual conversion and/or engine upgrades (ie 1JZGTE/2JZGTE swap or bolt on turbo kit). But I do miss working the gears (I once swore I'd never buy an Auto) and the linear power even though more than the Starlet isn't as fun :P

dsc0005ch.jpg

dsc0023zv.jpg

dsc0019cx.jpg

Edited by starleTofu, 13 April 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#2 TOMsGPTurbo

TOMsGPTurbo

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:One day driving my car

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

I'm a big fan of soarers, very underrated cars!

There are a couple of monsters getting around with hybrid 1j/2j engines (I don't mean electrical I mean a mixture)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo, 20 April 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#3 starleTofu

starleTofu

Getting Started

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Ah yes the 1.5jz they call it...2JZ bottom end with 1JZ top end and turbos, my brother in law who inspired my Soarer purchase has one:

http://performancefo...st-a-2j-shitbox

it's insane... whiplash inducing... however he's vehemently encouraging me not to do that to mine :P it's a beauty to drive but saying that after just driving the EP71 to the gym it's a beauty to drive too but on a different level.

Unfortunately due to the lovely Hunter back roads I hit a kangaroo on the way to work (2nd in as many weeks)... :(

img20130416120234.jpg

Edited by starleTofu, 20 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#4 TOMsGPTurbo

TOMsGPTurbo

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:One day driving my car

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Lucky it didn't to much more damage!

Soarer parts would be pretty easy to come by?

At least you have more options than the EP71!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name