So, after 1 years DIY, i've managed to put TF035 Turbo from a Pajero into my 2E Engine,
yes, i know, for you guys might be saying that it is stupid to get a turbo from a diesel engine into a gasoline engine because it will spools too early and saturate in early rpm also, i should take TF035 from subaru? right? well i'm not saying that you're wrong but i have some consideration about that.
1. In my country, indonesia, my city, jakarta. if you guys ever been here, you'll see a very bad traffic jam. so, if you use your car as a daily basis, you'll never reach over 5000 RPM in side the jam. And you need your turbo spin early, says aroung 1800-2000 rpm or below.
2. Rebuilt part is easy, because subaru dont go around this city very often, but TF035 for turbo has been use for long. Since the old pajero, L200, and the early years until current year pajero. I'm not a deep pocket guy, i'd rather choose 2nd hand turbo and rebuilt it. But becarefull, 2nd hand turbo, sometimes the bearing housing is already worn out. The best thing to do check is grabbing the blade with your 2 hands (once at each side, hot and cold) and then shake the turbo. if the housing is worn out, you'll feel a clacking when you shake it.
3. Why do you put a turbo in your 2E? why not upgrading to 4A engine? well again, i wont fight if somebody says i'm stupid. It will cost mostly the same, power, 4A-GTE will sure have bigger power than adding turbo to 2E. But, i'm not a smart person, i'll do an overclock in my PC, basically that's what i like, i don't like to change the CPU, i squeeze the CPU higher.
Again guys, i'm not going to fight or defense if someone says i'm stupid because i already heard that a lot from my own friend ..
i'm just doing what i love.
So what i get:
1. My TF035 with in hood intercooler spools around 1600 and wastegate opened just around 5000.
2. before turbo, my cars reach 78 HP at 5700, now it reach 97 HP at 5000.
3. Acceleration, not yet measured, but it definitely faster.
4. 7 PSI boost, with no problem, i add 1mm metal sheet before head gasket. I'm not yet measuring the compression yet.
5. Sandwich adapter for tapping oil to the turbo.
6. Custom header, but this is the part i love, i dont make a header, i modified my header. I dont know how to add picture here, but i was attaching something, thats my own custom header.
So if it is succeed, i will add more picture, i'll be glad to help if someone need to ask about anything,
Thanks for reading anyway, peace ...
IMG00794-20120916-1351.jpg 88.95K 0 downloads
IMG00642-20120414-1932.jpg 126.18K 3 downloads