• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Model: 1997 Suzuki swift GTi

Year: 1997

Kilometers: 192 000

Modifications: Head deck and speakers. K&n filter. king low springs. Other than that bog stock.

Additional Information: Selling my 97 swift GTi. Has been extremely reliable for me and heaps of fun but I have recently got a work car and no longer need it. Selling unregistered. Currently has a few days rego left. Considering throwing another 6 months on it. For roady rear tires are getting low but still have legal tread, small oil leak as per below and door handle

Good points:
-Stock, un-molestered GTi
-520kms to a tank
-clean interior
-good condition
-has just had cam seals replaced, full service, new wheel bearings and rebuilt drive shafts, new front brake pads and fuel filter.
- engine and gearbox in good condition.

Bad points:
-has very small oil leak from crank seal. Timing belt is due at 208 000km I was just going to wait till then to fix it. Will come with brand new gates timing belt.
-Clear coast deteriorating on roof + top of driver door. see pics
- key wont work in passenger door and passenger outer door handle doesn't open the door.
- mismatched speakers in front.
- clutch is getting low. Does not slip at all, works fine just getting low.

Price: $1450 Not overly negotiable, priced to clear already

Contact Details: Harry - 0427 129 612 or PM any questions, just ask

pictures ----> http://redlinegti.co...hp?f=13&t=52720

Edited by -Harry-, 18 March 2014 - 07:47 PM.

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#2 Mo3

Mo3

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

i have the fish tank but no VL :(

glws

#3 ozmale

ozmale

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:My background:-Electrical Engineer.
    Compeditor: Total OIL southern cross rally 5 years Compeditive Rallying Datsun.
    Crew Cheff Real Mcoy NASCAR racing 90-93.
    Starlet tragic

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

What is a VL?

By using acronyms you are severally limiting the base of people who might be interested. In particular older guys.

This is not a text message limited to 160 characters.

Describe in as much detail as possible what your after you will have a not more success.

Chris 

#4 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hi there Chris! A VL is a model of Holden commodore launched in 1986. While it maintained its popularity over the years, it's true beauty was only discovered over the course of the last 8 years or so when it began being used as currency by trading them for other cars. Much like a rusty bit coin of its day. Such trades were usually offered along with any other crap the person had hoarded at the time, usually a fish tank. If you have tried to sell anything car related in the last 8 years, particularly on car based forums, you would know what I'm talking about. Hence the long running joke of a VL and fishtank.

In essence I do not want to trade for a VL and fish tank. It was a joke. Not aimed at an age demographic, but more so a demographic of car enthusiasts. Apologies for any confusion.

Edited by -Harry-, 19 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#5 ozmale

ozmale

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:My background:-Electrical Engineer.
    Compeditor: Total OIL southern cross rally 5 years Compeditive Rallying Datsun.
    Crew Cheff Real Mcoy NASCAR racing 90-93.
    Starlet tragic

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

No offence taken.

I realise now your ad was somewhat tongue in cheek, and non of this is directed at you.  I am hoping others read it.

I was really just trying to raise a point that if you want the most people to see and understand any ad then one should be as detailed and clear as possible.

E.G. a friend of mine is wreaking his starlet and has all bits for sale. people are messaging him without describing what they want. 

We both look at the messages and go WTF does he want. One guy asked for a "hub". Hubs usually come in pairs. does he want front or rear. one can make assumptions but you shouldn't need too.

If someone wants something in the most quick and efficient way, then say exactly what you want or in this day and age send a photo.  This is actually one of the easiest forums I have ever been on to send a photo.  

All good.

Chris

Edited by ozmale, 19 March 2014 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name