New member Brisbane Sth West - EP82

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wHOMP

wHOMP

Getting Started

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Cars, Video games, Movies, Sports, Family.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Hey peeps,

First time Starlet owner here. Picked mine up in early March this year. I was in need of a little run around car to get me to and from work, if it had a turbo that would have been a bonus but found the range here in Oz a little disappointing as I am a Kiwi and we are very spoiled for choice back home when it comes to JDM cars. I was rather please to find this little gem for sale not far from where I currently live in Parkinson. I have owned and driven a couple of turbo charged vehicles in the past (Mazda 323 GTX, Subaru Forester, Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi GSR<== like an Evo) so I had a rough idea on the cost of upgrades. As soon as I saw under the hood of this car I was sold considering how much his asking price was. I have not been disappointed with this car one bit. The turbo upgrade and the supporting mods make this car a little beast, the power to weight ratio is just insane :)

The previous owner never had it dyno'd so I am not sure what kind of power it is making, the only things I have to go off is I have gone shoulder to shoulder with an R32 GTR - the look on his face was priceless when he saw the little beast wasn't going anywhere. Absolutely wrecked a WRX, this was another shocked face when I slowed up. And there was a youngish guy in his V8 commodore, he actually look mad when he floored his car right by me and I put the foot down in 2nd gear and left him behind. I know I might look like a hoon but in all honesty this car attracts a lot of attentions with regards to racing and in most cases I will not race. I have a little motto, If I cant afford to fix it I don't want to break it. I really like this car and have all intentions to look after it and keep it on the road and the above cases I was more curious so said why not.

I look forward to chatting in the future. Below is a link to a short Youtube video I posted of my car (the typo made it thru my editing)

#2 Mo3

Mo3

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

nice welcome to the club mang

#3 Androo26

Androo26

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Looks good nice and neat. Go get it on a dyno for peace of mind that the tune is good and a power figure to boot.

#4 allblaqk

allblaqk

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:44 AM

Welcome mate, nice to see someone nearby!

Might see you around. Looks very clean and tidy!

#5 TOY93T

TOY93T

Getting Started

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

Very clean and tidy! Love the black intercooler 

93' TOYOTA SERA

Phase III -Light silver opal

ph34r.pngNewcastle - [AUS] thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users