IP.Board Style© Fisana

Photo

Tiger here...from Victoria (ex forum junkie from RollaClub)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tiger

Tiger

Getting Started

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Cars. Car and Home Audio. Gym and MMA. Building and construction. Music in general

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hey everyone. My name is John.

I'm a self diagnosed ex forum junkie from the RollaClub days and Car Audio Australia/Mobile Electronics Australia days (when it thrived in the early 2000s). Then Facebook came along in 2006 and almost destroyed the forum communities. So now that I'm a happy little owner of an EP91 Starlet, I was pleased to learn there is still an active forum about Starlets in Australia. 

I have a dark blue 5dr EP91 which I managed to score for installing a set of speakers from my old car into a client's car, and they were gonna write it off due to a light cosmetic side swipe to the passenger side of the car (2 doors later... problem fixed) and front bonnet and bumper damage (swap over parts, once again). I will take some pics of this bad boy a lil later on today. Its pretty much grandpa spec, minus the car audio upgrades I done to it when I was competing last year in some sound off competitions. 

Intentions for this car? I have a set of 15" Enkeis to clean up and throw on this EP91. Then just a nice sitting suspension setup, doing my research into swapping out an EL54 5EFE motor in exchange of the 4EFE thats in there now (hence why I'm on here... doing my research). And I have a somewhat sponsored stereo installation yet to be installed into this car, (from MTX Audio in Australia). So if anyone has seen a dark blue Starlet with a massive MTX Audio sticker on the back windscreen in the northern suburbs... congratulations... you found me :P

Why the name Tiger? Back in the Car Audio Australia days, it was my first forum, and I needed a login name, and the car I owned back in 2002 was a 1999 Holden Commodore S Pack VT(Series 2) in Tiger Mica. My login name was TigerVTS. As I become widely recognised on the forums for organising social events and assisting with sound quality competitions, organising Autosalon stands back in 2004-2005-2006, admin dropped the last 3 initials on my login and the name stuck like glue (even to this day! haha). 

So thats me. Pics to follow shortly.... and a build thread will happen in due course also :D

Thanks for your time if you got this far into my post.  B)

PROJECT MTX-91

Stay tuned....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name