33 replies to this topic

#1 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

Guys and girls, i recently put together a fair bit of info for another club member ( i wont say who incase he doesnt want everyone knowing just yet he wants to do it! ) and i thought i may as well be nice and share with you my collection of part numbers, prices and availability of components.

I know another member has recently had a set of Crower conrods ordered for his car and weeks have turned into months - the way i see it we're better off pooling what we've gotten made rather than everyone fending for themselves. Sure i waited a damn long time for my custom set of conrods...... and i could be a scrooge and keep the part number to myself so other people had to go thru it just as i did - but thats not in the spirit of things.

I'd encourage people to post up part numbers, work order numbers etc for anything they had made that might help out a fellow starlet owner.

Here's what i've collected over the years.

Ross racing 74mm pistons -
Job card # 67268, stock compression ratio 8.2:1
Job card # 102810 low compression 8.0:1 pistons
Total Cost :- $557 US
( pistons $424 US, chamfer pins $39.12 US, pin fitting $14.48 US, total seal rings $79.00 US)

I got these back in 2002 when the conversion rate was 50.4US cents which put them over 1k australian so it attracted more customs fees but here is an indicator as to what it cost to land them

I had UPS carry them, and it was a 1.8kg parcel from the states. Freight $120.06, fuel surcharge (bound to be more now lol!) .60c, valuation $3.87, Duty $53.18, GST paid to customs $122.02, government entry fee to customs $51.75. Total freight and importation cost $351.48

Ordering :- via Performance Wholesale or www.rosspistons.com

Crower 4E-FTE conrods
Part number :- B93970B
Work order :- CA41004
Cost :- around $1500 au landed.
*bear in mind these were custom made and required sample rods so the cost was higher than a simple reproduction
Ordering - via Performance Wholesale or www.crower.com

Pauter 4E-FTE conrods (never used them, just found them)
4340 T-BEAM BILLET ROD, length 4.646"
Part number :- PA-TOY-180-430-1180F
Cost :- $750 US
Ordering :- http://atomicspeedware.com/pauttoy.htm or www.pauter.com and quote the part number.

TRD LSD
TRD 1.5 way clutch type LSD
Part number :- 41301-AW004
Cost :- $783 USD ( they buy from Japan in US dollars )
Ordering - i got mine from Sollitt Trading in NZ / TRD shop.
Link to part :- http://www.trdsales....1171&itemid=655
Freight : shipped from NZ for under $100. arrived within 1.5 weeks of order.

Non Stop Tuning crank pulley
4E-FTE lighweight under-driven crank pulley
part number : NST05015
Cost :- $99 USD
Link :- http://www.nonstoptu...pKitToyStar.htm
Shipping :- was under $50 landed, arrived within 5 days of order
Modification necessary : different length belt required.

bearing in mind i have no A/C so the belts may be a little different

power steering - Bosch 7901 ....... 4PK 915 250
alternator - 4PK815 bosch.

NST say to use K040305 belt for alternator, the last 3 numbers are the length of it, some say 305 is a bit tight and have gone a 315 for the alternator.

Ridgecrest copper headgasket
solid copper headgasket,
available in .5mm, .7mm, 1mm, 1.2mm, 1.6mm or 2mm thickness
Site :- http://www.ridgecrest.com.au/
cost :- $115 AU as part of a 10 volume purchase
part number : unknown. they may have this recorded as a toyota 4E turbo gasket.
Modification necessary : o-ring block for a proper seal

Ivan Tighe cams
reprofiled camshafts for 4E and 5E
to suit customer specifications
Cost :- around $950, around $1400 for billet from memory
Site :- http://www.tighecams.com.au/
Modification necessary : all shims to be changed / gapped correctly, stiffer valve springs recommended.

DBA slotted rotors
MR2 spyder front discs - DBA753
255mm tall, 20mm disc width, 43.25 overall width, 55mm bore, 4x100 hole space
(1mm taller than OEM, 2mm thicker, .25mm wider)
Cost :- unknown
Site :- www.dba.com.au
NOTE these CANT be used with factory calipers. I used them with the following.......

Wilwood Powerlite 4 piston calipers
4 piston brake caliper for use with 20-22mm wide discs.
* i have the 1.38" bore model *
Cost :- $220au each caliper. Free shipping if you wait for their 5 weekly boat, around $150 if you want it within a week.
Site :- http://www.wilwood.c...15-PL/index.asp
Ordered thru :- www.vpw.com.au or http://www.austrackmotorsport.com.au
Modification necessary :- custom mounts needed.
Additional Info :- see Wilwood footnote

Wilwood High Volume Master Cylinder
High Volume Alum M/C - 1" bore
Site :- http://www.wilwood.c...HVAMC/index.asp
Ordered thru :- www.vpw.com.au or http://www.austrackmotorsport.com.au
Cost :- around $145 AU
Modification necessary - custom mount and fittings needed.
Additional Info :- see Wilwood footnote

Wilwood footnote : when ordering thru the Australian companies generally dont provide a US wilwood part number as we discovered differences. Instead tell them what it is you want ie " 1 inch bore high volume master" or " powerlite 4 piston calipers with 1.38" bore and 20-22mm " and they will get the right things for you.

TRD stainless brake lines
TRD stainless front and rear brake lines for standard brake fittings
Part number :- 47031-EP900
Cost :- $261 US
Site :- http://www.trdsales....1154&itemid=586
* i had different fittings put on after changing brake calipers *
Possible alternative :- http://www.braidedhoses.com.au/ however someone would need to send them a stock set of lines to get replicated and a job number produced so that others could benefit.

Thats all i can think of for now, i will edit this post and add more to it as it comes to me.

Cheers, Chris
EVL82 - 284kw GT Starlet - sold.

05 WRX STi - stock 195kw WRX STi - sold.

06 Suzuki sv650 - some mods - Lets not talk about that......

#2 boostedep91

boostedep91

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for that Chris, this might help a few people. Nice of you to do it as some wouldn't.

Dave

#3 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:13 AM

Yep thanks chris. Am I the one you decribed waiting for the crower rods? tongue.gif They will arrive one day.....

I'll throw up all my part numbers when my stuff arrives too. Maybe this could be a sticky in the for sale section?

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#4 Mr GT

Mr GT

Au Starlet Club Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Interests:Cars, being creative, lots of shit.

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:54 AM

Yep thanks a bundle Chris.

I am the one who asked Chris is he could help me out with info and part #'s etc, thanks heaps mate you are a top bloke and a great help!

I am sure alot of other members will get a huge help out of your info.
1974 Mazda RX-2 Sedan (previous)
1990 Toyota EP82 GT Starlet (previous)
2004 Mazda RX-8 (current)

#5 Ulfrikr

Ulfrikr

Of Wolf and Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />Photography<br />Medieval Recreation<br />Dark Ages Re-enactment<br />Cars<br />Germanic Folk Traditions<br />Live Role Playing

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:45 AM

Heya,

This is crunk, fo' shizzle! And it's really great too wink.gif Thanks man, this is tops info for the second rebuild I'll be doing. Rebuild one is happening soon thanks to Dan for the engine biggrin.gif I'll be rebuilding my current engine with uprated internals, ready for turbo and the lot in around 12 to 18 months (hey, I'm being realistic here wink.gif)

Cheers
user posted image

#6 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:33 PM

Well i'd like to think we can all help each other out. I only wish i'd known Harry was getting a set before he ordered, the part number already in Crower's system could have saved not only time but maybe also money.

I'd encourage anyone who's had something made, where there is a job card number or a work order number that could be re-used to get another item made .... please share it. I certainly have done my fair share!

As a few of the members on here will no doubt backup, i try my hardest to help out where i can with what i can, i dont think anyone should have to "try it and see" when some of us might already know the answer or have something that is known to work. That doesnt mean i dont encourage being different or not wanting what everyone else has, do whatever is right for you - but dont discount what some people have to offer!

If there is enough call for it i will have this post stickied.

Chris

#7 trekster

trekster

3lite CS Mofo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(Boosted GT @ 4 Oct 2005, 09:33 PM)
If there is enough call for it i will have this post stickied.

Chris
View Post

Chris when you get time can you copy your post and post that exact same info in the parts number thread I have stickied.

Cheers,
Eric.
Any tool can photoshop a picture.

#8 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

okay added some more stuff, slotted rotors (not DBA695s), calipers, master cylinder and stainless brake lines.

Chris

#9 ep91gt

ep91gt

ep-91-gt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Interests:meh

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

that great info cris, that helps me out have you got the cadrawings for the caliper mounts?

thanks brett wink.gif
IPB Image

#10 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:53 PM

sorry man they ended up being finished by hand because the company who was doing it made a muck up and then sorta said in as many words they weren't interested in having another go. Its a bit of a let-down really for anyone who wanted the same.

What you can do tho is cut the parts from the factory mount, dummy the caliper in the right place and then have the threaded sections added on. Get it all tacked up and spot on, then have someone with a digitiser or similar machine CAD it and reproduce it. I guess i could have mine taken back off the car and get this done but its a bit of stuffing around!

Sorry mate,

Chris

#11 Sy

Sy

Getting Started

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:42 PM

Don't know if this will help you guys over in oz as buy the time you have freighted one over the costs could spiral but:
Quaife ATB LSD
http://www.quaife.co.uk/
Toyota Corolla (FWD AE92) QDF15E 495.00
This fits i know for sure it's in my car we did a group buy a year ago 4 members took it up and have said it was one of the best things they brought for the GT.

On a side note there is now a company on the yahoo auctions offering a willwood 4 pot upgrade with 280mm discs, brackets and all the lines seems to work out at allot of money though when fee's and shipping is added on.

Simon

#12 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

thanks for that part number Sy.

just as a comparison that works out to be $871.69 us dollars vs the TRD at 783 us dollars!

Is the quaife a clutch type or helical type do you know?

Thanks, Chris

#13 Sy

Sy

Getting Started

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:25 AM

It's helical kind of it's a unique design that seems to work really well on fwd cars. Quaife has a very good reputation over here form making good gear boxes too.

Simon

#14 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:27 AM

I think Quaife have a welded diff dont they?

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#15 Sy

Sy

Getting Started

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:29 PM

The QUAIFE Automatic Torque Biasing Differential enables your car to accelerate quicker and corner faster.
How? By getting the power to the ground!

The QUAIFE Differential powers both drive wheels under nearly all conditions, instead of just one.

With an ordinary open differential, standard on most cars, a lot of precious power is wasted during wheel spin under acceleration. This happens because the open differential shifts power to the wheel with less grip, along the path of least resistance.

The QUAIFE, however, does just the opposite. It senses which wheel has better grip, and biases the power to that wheel. It does this smoothly and constantly, and without ever completely removing power from the other wheel.
In cornering, while accelerating out of a turn, the QUAIFE biases greater power to the outside wheel, reducing inside-wheel spin. This allows the driver to begin accelerating earlier, exiting the corner at a higher speed.

The QUAIFE also controls loss of traction when the drive wheels are on slippery surfaces such as ice and snow or mud, providing the appropriate biased traction needed to overcome these adverse conditions. The QUAIFE ATB Differential provides constant and infinitely variable drive. Power is transferred automatically without the use of normal friction pads or plates seen in other limited-slip designs.

The QUAIFE'S unique design offers maximum traction, improves handling and steering, and puts the power where it is needed most. A definite advantage whether on the track or on the street.

The QUAIFE is extremely strong and durable and since the Quaife is gear operated, it has no plates or clutches that can wear out and need costly replacement.

The QUAIFE is great for street driving or racing. Racers don't have to put up with locking mechanisms or spools that tear the steering wheel out of their hands when cornering. Because it behaves like an open differential during ordinary driving, street drivers will have trouble telling it's there until pushing the cars limits.

The QUAIFE has been proven in everything from SCCA Rally to Formula 1. It provides autocrossers with such an advantage, it has become "required" equipment for a winning effort.

Borrowed from there web site.

Simon

#16 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:51 PM

thought it was about time i stickied this puppy, seems more people are starting to want this kinda thing.

Chris

ps. also added belt numbers required if going for the crank pulley from Non Stop Tuning smile.gif

#17 mundi

mundi

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

great work chris
like what u said, if someones done it b4 theres no reason for us all to do it again - we r a community after all
i was initially afraid of going the whole hog on a starlet (>ep71) but your info has made it seem much more possible (and realistic)
cheers
mundi

#18 Boosted GT

Boosted GT

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:43 PM

sooooo anyone else got any part numbers recently for pistons, rods, anything like that? Just a bit of a bump and a plea to provide whatever info you have on parts smile.gif

#19 XCUSIS

XCUSIS

Starlet Twins

• Moderators
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:37 PM

Looking at getting the underdriven crank pulleys etc and had a look at their site and they now offer reduced weight OEM pulleys to replace the water pump and alternater!!! blink.gif

Which is pretty awesome. biggrin.gif
"insert quirky anecdote here"

#20 jezza323

jezza323

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:39 PM

anyone got valve spring part numbers?
EP91 N/A Power

0 user(s) are reading this topic