• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HLKBOY

HLKBOY

Getting Started

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone I'm Nathan. I'm from western Sydney. I have a 92 EP82 starlet GT. Love the car so unpredictable and zippy. Even in current faded and dented condition it gets attention. Usual turbo upgrades and supporting mods make it much more fun to drive. Plenty of ideas in my head to do a engine rebuild and tidy up all round. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what brake upgrades can be used both front and rear to fit? Standar single pot caliber so are too weak already and with my engine plan of 400 to 500whp and possible duel map with pump and e85 I need some stopping power. Any help would be greatly appreciated as stock parts are scarce and expensive and if spending $$$ I'd like a bigger package. Thanks and hope to chat soon. Attached File  image.png   1.11MB   1 downloadsAttached File  image.png   1.28MB   2 downloads

#2 Graham

Graham

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Interests:Computers, cars, photography, electronics gadgets, RC Nitro, etc

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

Hi & welcome!

Looks like fun - I'm in Western Sydney too, but my daily is my Forester. If you see one wave or honk, it might be me :)

Someone was selling a brake kit on here a while back, might have been Willwood.  I considered it, but weight was > factory and my power is barely factory, so better I left it for the big boys :)

Have a search through old for-sale posts - it might give you an idea on what's available.
I assume there's a K-Sport option for Starlets - not sure what their quality is like. I would assume Street is fine, track & 500hp might be different.

Other option is to get measurements and find out what else is close & get adapters made up to mount. Eg: Something like Celica GT4 brakes might give you the stopping power you need.

#3 HLKBOY

HLKBOY

Getting Started

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hi thx for the reply. Just curious what colour yours is? I've seen a white one like mine a couple of times round m4 and mount druitt and also a blue glanza v round mt druitt as well.

#4 Graham

Graham

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Interests:Computers, cars, photography, electronics gadgets, RC Nitro, etc

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

I've seen a black EP82 at Fairfield, pretty sure that wasn't you though.

I don't even have a starlet for fun, only the engine - it's in my wife's Sera. :)

Wave or say hi if you see me in either of these:

Edited by Graham, 22 March 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#5 garreth27

garreth27

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

400-500whp is a big ask that would require some serious serious serious work. In saying that front brakes, theres levin twin pots or celica that require some mods to fit or spend the coin and you can get some willwood front brakes, around 1200AUD I paid. There are K sport 4-6 pot and so forth but be prepared to fork out some good money for them. Rear is not too bad with some good pads. Stock front brakes are actually quite good if its in good condition.

Other than that, all the best with your build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name