IP.Board Style© Fisana

Photo

Front and rear disc brake upgrade options??

Disc calliper brakes performance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HLKBOY

HLKBOY

Getting Started

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a 1992 Toyota Starlet GT EP82. The brakes are currently stock and quite frankly very weak. I have considerable plans to make serious horsepower with the car which will be street and track driven from time to time. I'm wondering what options there are or have previously been used to swap and upgrade with minimal or no modification to the standard mounting setup of the brakes? I would like either 2 pot calipers both front and rear as a starting point with consideration for a 4 pot front and 2 pot rear depending on cost and ease of modification to fit. If anyone has done this please let me know what vehicles I can swap from and models and part numbers please. Also if you have pictures and step by step how you did it it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Rav

Rav

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Not sure if they are still available but this Starlet is sporting wilwood brakes.

'A pair of Wilwood 4-pot front calipers which are designed to suit a 20 – 22mm thick disc.[standard Starlet discs are just 18mm thick;] the solution was to bolt on some Toyota MR-2 Spyder discs. Rear brakes are slotted DBA discs designed for the Paseo.

http://www.autospeed...-Starlet&A=3018

#3 exhasbeen

exhasbeen

Lo Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:48 AM

http://www.mrpltd.co...-big-brake-kit/

#4 HLKBOY

HLKBOY

Getting Started

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Thx guys appreciate your help

#5 garreth27

garreth27

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

upgrade front, leave rear stock as they handle fine with a good set of pads.

#6 StuC

StuC

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

hahah, that first linked grey one was mine for a little while. I pulled the brakes off and they ended up on the black forged 5e GT that i had for a bit and onsold to Lucas. That car was at some point amazing but by the time it got to me it was a fair bit of a dogs breakfast and resulted in an electrical fire. Took me ages to re-wire that little fucker....

as for brakes the Wilwoods are an option or if you want to stay with a stock looking caliper there is a gt4 twin pot or levin twin pot and vauxhall disc option floating around. Do a search on the UK GT site and you'll get a few ideas.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disc, calliper, brakes, performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name