• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbix

chrisbix

Getting Started

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

Hey guys, having a bit of an issue in regards to smoke.  It blows a thick amount of smoke only above 4.5k rpm, on and off boost. Story goes the car blew a small amount of smoke, the oil was changed then started blowing smoke. Ive tried a thicker oil and even an additive just to check if the oil needed to be thicker, has a td04 which i replaced the seals in aswell. After countless people telling me turbo is blown, ive tried a 3rd td04l and a new oil line, disconnected water lines and still blows the same smoke. Compression is relatively high (170-180) accross all 4, and still smokes with the turbo disconnected from the intake.

Any suggestion is helpful at this point!

#2 -Harry-

-Harry-

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes and starlets

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

What color is the smoke?

Check valve stem seals. I had a turbo let go once and the exhaust blew smoke for another 6 months before it got rid of all the old oil in it too.

Also try a pressure test on your coolant system.

11.1@124mph, 58.5 QR,
"Using nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences."

#3 nemz0r

nemz0r

Getting Started

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

Excessive pressure in the ventilation system. Remove the pcv. Use a elbow to insert in instead of the pcv. Run it to a catch can. Then vent to atmo..

Btw where ya from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name