pookie

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:anything fast and loud

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hi

So I changed my manual gearbox oil today to see if it would fix the problem I've been having including difficulty to change from 1-2, and from neutral to reverse.

I used Penrite 75-90, as recommended.

But now, I find that when the car is turned off I can go into all the gears no problems. However, as soon as I start my car and try to put it into any gear with the clutch depressed it is almost impossible. No grinding (except for neutral to reverse), just have to apply a lot of pressure to actually get it into any gear. But no problem if the engine is off.

I don't understand why this would be? Why would I be able to select gears easily when the engine is off, but with the engine running, I have heaps of issues getting any gear?

I checked clutch fluid, there is plenty. No previous signs of clutch slipping.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

PJ

Dear Angry Birds, I want my life back !!!

#2 Cammo Jet

Cammo Jet

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

sh*t, a recent post!

How does it feel shifting from 2nd to 3rd, or from one gear to any other gear while driving? First thought is check your slave cylinder is moving the clutch properly. Get someone to sit in the car (while it is off) and have them push the clutch pedal in and out. The slave cylinder should smoothly push on the clutch fork. If not, try bleeding the clutch line. If you're not losing fluid then I doubt it's leaking from the slave cylinder, might just have some air in there or the fluid is a bit old.

Could be something else like syncros or a problem with your clutch/pressure plate... but probably not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name