Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 435 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

Anyone have any experience with them?

Example product that has my interest for a TD04L or TF035

http://shop.mambatek...76&categoryId=5

There is a store on e-bay which sells a mountain of their products with positive reviews and it sounds like a good replacement for an internally gated turbo. The bracket I've created to mount my actuator is a monstrosity, I've rotated the compressor housing to point down to go straight to my front mount and the actuator wouldn't fit without a custom bracket.

Cheers!

#2 Rav

Rav

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

Looking at the photo the question is how easy is this to adjust . Looks like the pin comes out of the hole on the shaft  to rotate and adjust.As you say space is tight would check this aspect for ease of adjustment when mounted.The 14-22 looks useful for a tf035 but depends what you want.

I have had a stockish actuator default to maximum boost when a tube burst. I guess these have fail safes but if not you can have instantly 22psi on black or 28psi on the blue which is worth considering in the ecu map?

#3 Cammo Jet

Cammo Jet

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 435 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Well, the it's adjustable in 2 ways - You can adjust its mounting position on the compressor housing (with the slotted actuator bracket), and you can pull apart the actuator and swap out for different rated springs. It comes set at 0.8 bar, which is around 12psi... which is the boost I want to run.

I need both those things, but I want to swap to a TF035 - if I can find one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name