exhaust manifold
dump pipe
intercooler & piping
glanza v ECU
glanza v injectors
turbo sump
turbo oil filter housing
oil & water lines

what else is there that i might be needing?

and can anyone tell me how much wiring is involved in connecting the glanza v ecu to the ep91 loom, and do i need a glanza v map sensor? and what about the distributor, will the 4e-fe one be ok?

if i have missed something or made a wrong assumption, please tell me, as i would really like to know smile.gif
EP91 N/A Power

#2 10sec_rx7

10sec_rx7

I need boost!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

stock exhuast manafold wont fit, you need a spacer plate to space it out off the head, you need a remote oil filter, you cant put the galanza ecu in with out changing the dizzy, coil, igniter, throttle body, tps, map sensor etc, its a lot of work to do it that way, hence why i just do a plug in microtech for this type of conversion,

turbo oil filter housing will not fit on a 4efe block they are different in that area,

Dale

#3 jezza323

jezza323

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:25 AM

well......i guess u just sunk my little plan

thanks for the tips dale, i think i will have to wait and go for the glanza halfcut instead
EP91 N/A Power

#4 10sec_rx7

10sec_rx7

I need boost!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:27 AM

there is more than 1 way of doing things,

work out the costs involved both ways, for the same money you can turbo the 4efe with a better turbo and a ecu etc and have more power then the 4efte conversion.

#5 Brad

Brad

Tube & Fin = WIN

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • Interests:Golf, motorcycles.

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:34 PM

the only reason i did the conversion is that i got my glanza half cut for 1500 bucks and that gave me power steering , LSD , white gauges etc...
and everything swapped straight over , no wiring hassles at all like the ep82 transplant...

other than that , i would just get the turbo kit and stick that on the 4EFE...

Brad....

#6 Mark

Mark

Too much power!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

They are referring to Dale's TD04L turbo kit by the way. See the braided lines section for info. Also read the sticky at the top of the tech section if you haven't already. I would turbo you 4efe with the kit, and with the microtech. Easier, and a much more driveable result in the end.

Mark
1991 EP82 GT Turbo

#7 ep91gt

ep91gt

ep-91-gt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Interests:meh

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

hey dale how much are charging for the plug and play?
IPB Image

#8 Glanza777

Glanza777

Hi PSI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

Hey guys my GF has a EP91 Starlet stocko 4efe and i would like to turbo her little beast but i dont have much knowledge to the starlets and as i will be doing a DIY job so if anyone could help me on wat parts i should get (whether it would be conversion or kits) and a How To guide on to doing which ever way of acheiving this. Thanks

#9 64bit

64bit

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE(rick @ 7 Jul 2007, 12:12 PM) View Post
Hey guys my GF has a EP91 Starlet stocko 4efe and i would like to turbo her little beast but i dont have much knowledge to the starlets and as i will be doing a DIY job so if anyone could help me on wat parts i should get (whether it would be conversion or kits) and a How To guide on to doing which ever way of acheiving this. Thanks

I just watched my dad put back together a 4EFTE after a piston went out the side of the block just where it flares out to meet the sump (how I bought it). For starters the crank has 4ET stamped on it. Think. Had to shave 0.5mm of the conrod sections (not the mains). The conrod arms are twice as thick as (some early 4E engines) stock 4E. From this site I learned the valve springs are tougher than stock. Piston heads are flat for turbo engines. Stock piston heads are raised. I don't know if this is for compression? Injectors are apparently 100cc more per injector than stock. Thats as far as I can remeber for now.

#10 ivan

ivan

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

64bit, i have photos of the rods here: http://www.ep91.com/...display.php?f=9

It shows how much smaller the 4efe ones are. Pistons are different aswell. This is where the compression comes from.

Ivan

#11 rob323

rob323

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:rallying and anything with a turbo.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

Jezza, why not build the 5E to suit forced induction (don't you already have most of the bits for it?), you could even keep the quads if you made a plenum to suit, or better still, sell the quads to me.

#12 jezza323

jezza323

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

i made this thread when i first got the car rob

plans have changed since then smile.gif and keep your eyes off my damn quads! tongue.gif
EP91 N/A Power

#13 rob323

rob323

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:rallying and anything with a turbo.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

Woops wacko.gif Didn't read that little date line on the first post. My bad. Still, a turboed big block starlet sounds like fun.
(Don't warry about your precious quads, they are safe............for now).

#14 jezza323

jezza323

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

yeah......ill dig up some ebay links for you so you can buy your own and leave mine alone tongue.gif you will probably want to get some a bit bigger than mine though
EP91 N/A Power

#15 SWStarlet

SWStarlet

Getting Started

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:54 PM

If the blocks are the same (4EFE 4EFTE) wouldn't it make sense to swap all the HD rotating internals, sump, clutch and g/box from the 4EFTE into the 4EFE?

I'm wondering if this might be an idea to keep the original look and engine number to avoid rego hassles..

If the NA head and manifold were up to it the original look would be retained too.. Also using an aftermarket computer on the original loom might save drama too...

If the turbo manifold can be used with a spacer this might work..

Does this sound sensible?

#16 scragley

scragley

Fully Rebuilt - On Gas!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(10sec_rx7 @ 7 Jun 2005, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stock exhuast manafold wont fit, you need a spacer plate to space it out off the head, you need a remote oil filter, you cant put the galanza ecu in with out changing the dizzy, coil, igniter, throttle body, tps, map sensor etc, its a lot of work to do it that way, hence why i just do a plug in microtech for this type of conversion,
turbo oil filter housing will not fit on a 4efe block they are different in that area,
Dale

I presume you are using the above information? Its wrong.

No spacer is required for a stock ct9 manifold.

You dont need a remote filter, you can use the FTE one on a FE block, just need to drill and tap 3 holes for it.

ECU bit is right..

"Turbo oil filter housing will not fit on a 4efe block" WTF? blocks are the same minus the 3 holes to hold the relocator on.

Just note that EP82 -> EP91 blocks to differ in the oil pump area slightly. You will need to use the right one for the right block.

Otherwise thats pretty much it.

#17 gobbo

gobbo

Mild Boost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

To swap engine internals (pistons, rods, etc) you'd need a whole new bearing set, then you'd need a new gasket set, then oil and water lines for the turbo, then sump, then ..., if you're going to do that you might as well just get aftermarket internals put in your 4efe. It looks stock enough with the standard 4efte in there. The engine numbers all have 4e... in them so there's no real difference in swapping them over. Just register it with a different engine number (ie say your old engine blew up and you got a replacement). It's much cheaper and simpler to just get a 4efte now days.

If you really want you can just get the 4efte engine and stick a microtech on it. Done.

#18 Guest_Starlet TTR_*

Guest_Starlet TTR_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:44 AM

Coincidently........I will be selling my microtech very soon....and it also comes with the plug-in adaptor for the 4EFE loom!
(was $200 extra, and is no longer available......makes installation take about 30sec)

It's been running my 4EFE turbo engine for a few years now, but my direction has changed so i'm offloading a few bits wink.gif

PM me if you are interested smile.gif

Jeremy

#19 TinTin

TinTin

Bolt Ons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

hey guys just wondering wht would be the max boost a NA motor would be able to hold would 15psi be too much

#20 ivan

ivan

Addicted to forum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

f**k me drunk thats an old post!
Max boost would be 10 psi (ON A CT9), and even then its not worth it considering it will be cheaper to buy a complete motor/loom from a 4efte.

You have to get a computer anyways so may aswell just wire in the 4efte one.

Ivan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name