Jump to content

IP.Board Style© Fisana
 

Androo26

Member Since 10 Oct 2013
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 10:54 AM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Project Starlet. Andrew

Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Today i got round to fitting the last of the polly bushes. The gearbox to firewall/ floor one. Now all three are done.


In Topic: Project Starlet. Andrew

29 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

So on sunday i participated in the first hill climb of the year...... After checking tyre pressures and ajusting the damper rates on the coilovers things were going pretty well .

 

There has been this nice black Corvette (early model ) that has gone quicker than me every race meet by a second or 2, he beats me every time ..... but not this time, I was quicker ....

 

I feel im going forward with this car and its great fun. But ...... im finding it hard to put the power down out of corners without getting mega wheel hop / axle tramp... and its quite savage, with

 

backing off being the only real way to overcome it.

 

Poly bush fitting time for the engine and gearbox. ( lucky I brought a whole set a few months earlier !!!! )

 

 

This afternoon i got them fitted up and observed the following....

 

More noise and vibration at idle and while driving.... to be expected really.

 

It seems to have tamed the wheel hop mostly from what i can gather thus far. Need to drive it more.

 

I would not want to run these bushes in my day to day driven car .....    This car is turning more into a race car than a nice car for me now....

 

Where to from here ???

 

I want to get the thing corner balanced   ..... and then really begs the question .... More power = Forged motor.   Im at the cross road, as its been super reliable and fun as it is. 

 

 

Harry help me out here ... you went down this path !!!


In Topic: ep91 daily

24 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Looks the goods mate. Is that an LS Coil ?


In Topic: Project Starlet. Andrew

16 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Righto.... this arvo I got off my arse and installed the 7/8 brake master cylinder and re-bled the whole system top to bottom with Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

 

Now I have the brake pedal Ive always wanted from this car and the stopping ability too. ( for a street car )   Note I still have in place the original starlet distribution block on the fire wall.

 

I got on the brakes pretty hard several times and it never locked the rears. The fronts a little bit but thats to be expected as they are doing most of the work.

 

A good solid pedal indeed.

 

Happy happy joy joy !!!!


In Topic: Project Starlet. Andrew

14 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

Ive been lazy Doug and its been super hot weather ... I havnt got it on there yet.


Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name